Serving size: 1 wedge
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red onion, cut in half, then thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Combine the eggs and water in a medium bowl and mix well.
3. In a medium-sized ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion,
pepper, and zucchini, and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the skillet, covering them evenly. Cook over
medium-low heat, without stirring, for 4 or 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has
set on the bottom and begins to set on top.
5. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until light brown and fluffy. Remove from
the oven, sprinkle with cheese, and broil for a minute more or so until the cheese
6. Remove from the oven, cut the egg bake into 6 wedges, and serve.
|Serving size||kcals||Pro (g)||CHO (g)||Sugar (g)||Fiber (g)||Fat (g)||Ca (mg)||Sodium (mg)||Iron (mg)||VitD (µg)||Folate (µg)|
Market Umbrella is an independent nonprofit 501(c)(3), based in New Orleans, whose mission is to cultivate the field of public markets for public good. Market Umbrella has operated the Crescent City Farmers Markets (CCFM) since 1995.
The Crescent City Farmers Market operates weekly year-round in four New Orleans neighborhoods. The CCFM hosts nearly 80 local small farmers, fishers and food producers, and more than 100,000 shoppers annually.