Categories: Recipes Date: Jun 19, 2015 Title: Baked Eggs with Zucchini, Peppers, and Onions
Serving size: 1 wedge
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red onion, cut in half, then thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Combine the eggs and water in a medium bowl and mix well.
3. In a medium-sized ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion,
pepper, and zucchini, and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the skillet, covering them evenly. Cook over
medium-low heat, without stirring, for 4 or 5 minutes or until the egg mixture has
set on the bottom and begins to set on top.
5. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until light brown and fluffy. Remove from
the oven, sprinkle with cheese, and broil for a minute more or so until the cheese
6. Remove from the oven, cut the egg bake into 6 wedges, and serve.
|Serving size||kcals||Pro (g)||CHO (g)||Sugar (g)||Fiber (g)||Fat (g)||Ca (mg)||Sodium (mg)||Iron (mg)||VitD (µg)||Folate (µg)|