Date: Jun 19, 2015
Title: Baked Mirliton, Eggplant, and Tomato
Serving Size: 1 cup
1 pound mirlitons
1 medium eggplant
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
½ teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut mirlitons in half, scoop out the seed, then chop. Peel the eggplant then chop into chunks.
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt. Place in a colander to drain the bitter liquid for 30 minutes. Wipe dry with a paper towel.
- Add the olive oil to a large ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. Add mirliton and eggplant and cook until slightly tender. Add onions and peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the seasonings and stir well.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- If vegetables are too juicy, cook, uncovered, on the stove top for a few minutes.
- Adjust seasonings as needed and serve hot.
Adapted from nola.com
Nutrition information for 1 serving: