Date: Jun 19, 2015
Title: Simple Strawberry Crumble
Serving size: ½ cup
1 pint (2 cups strawberries)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon butter
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
Optional - pecans or almonds
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the strawberries, remove the green tops and slice.
- Mix the lemon juice and sugar with the strawberries. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Melt the butter, mix with the oats and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and nuts (if using).
- Place the strawberries in a 9x9 baking dish, or 4 individual oven-proof baking dishes.
- Top with the oat topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the strawberries bubble and the oat topping is lightly browned.
Nutrition information for 1 serving: