Thank you for your interest in the Crescent City Farmers Market. Prospective vendors must submit an application demonstrating that they meet specific inclusion criteria. Please review our inclusion criteria and the application process, outlined below. Note that there is a $25 nonrefundable application fee.
Interested in being a part of the new Wednesday afternoon Crescent City Farmers Market at the French Market, beginning October 15, 2014, 2-6pm? We are currently accepting Vendor Interest Forms for prospective vendors. Please indicate on the vendor interest form by putting WEDNESDAY in the Attendance space. Please also indicate your availability (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or don't know). Preference will be given to weekly vendors.
- CCFM is a producer’s market; only vendors who grow plants or edibles or who produce their own food-based products are invited to sell. The resale of others’ products is not permitted at CCFM.
- Crafts and nonfood items (other than plants) are not sold at CCFM.
- Prepared foods should, as much as possible, contain locally sourced ingredients and reflect our region and culture.
CCFM strives to maintain this balance of high-quality product at the market, and preference will be given to products that help us maintain this balance:
- 60% unprocessed produce such as raw fruits and vegetables
- 20% meat, poultry, seafood, and dairy
- 20% value-added products such as prepared food
How do I decide whether to apply?
To decide, read each of the following statements. If ALL STATEMENTS APPLY, the CCFM might be a good fit for you. If any statements do NOT apply, we strongly recommend against applying to become a vendor.
- I intend to sell ONLY agricultural products produced in my garden/farm/production facility or harvested on my boat OR prepared foods using at least some locally sourced agricultural products.
- I intend to sell ONLY edible products and/or plants.
- I DO NOT intend to sell value-added products that contain meat or seafood.
- I DO NOT intend to sell crafts or artwork (jewelry, candles, soap, textiles, or other handicrafts).
- I work well with others and enjoy interacting with customers.
- I am willing to come to the market consistently, in good or bad weather, and stay for the whole market even if I sell out of produce early.
CCFM reviews all applications and reserves the right to determine whether the prospective products complement those otherwise available at the market, enable CCFM to maintain the desired ratio of product types, and satisfy other considerations that affect the larger market community.
How do I apply?
Fill out an online Vendor Application Form.
What happens next?
- Within 48 business hours, applicants will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the application. (If one does not arrive, please check your spam/junk email folder.)
- Market staff will contact you within ten business days to let you know if your application has been declined or to set up a phone call to learn more about your business.
- If the market staff feels your product may be a good fit for CCFM, they will contact you to set up a time for you to visit one of our markets. This allows you a chance to see our market and gain a better understanding of how we operate, and what is required. A nonrefundable $25 vendor application fee must be submitted during your market visit. If you are accepted into the Market, the $25.00 fee will be applied toward the annual $50.00 vendor fee. Please note the the $25 vendor application fee is not a guarantee that you will be invited to participate in the Crescent City Farmers Market.
- After your market visit, market staff will contact you to set up a time to visit your site of production. The site visit is a chance for our producers to highlight the skills and techniques that are the foundation of their business.
- Applicants intending to sell meat, poultry, seafood, dairy, or prepared/processed foods will be asked to provide one or more samples.
- After review of the application, the site visit, and (if required) sample review, CCFM will notify applicants whether they have been approved as CCFM vendors.
- Applicants who are invited to join the market will be contacted to discuss a start date.
If you are invited to join the market
Market staff will coordinate a time for you to arrive on your first day and will provide a vendor packet, which you will need to review. After your first 4–6 markets, market staff will schedule a time to go over your progress at market. This is a time to discuss any struggles or initial issues and address any concerns.